Monday, January 4, 2010

Mi Casa Es Su Casa

We'll be getting roommates at the end of this month. My newlywed friends Liz and Fernando are currently renting a back house in Yorba Linda from one of their friends aunt, but are not too happy with living their. It's a far drive from both their jobs, the aunt can be a bit intrusive, and they have a kitchenette, not a real kitchen. They want to save up for first/lasts month rent and the security deposit for a real apartment, but it's hard for them right now to have extra money each month to put into savings. So Liz threw out the idea of down-sizing and renting our spare bedroom for a while.
Brennen and I decided that it could be fun to have our friends as roommates for a while, we absolutely don't use the spare bedroom except to store junk, and we could use the extra money for a lot of different things.
I hope this works out like I'm imagining in my head. Since getting married and being a mom it's defiantly been harder for me to maintain those very close female friendships I once had in high school, so I think this could be an opportunity for Liz and I to become even closer friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment