Monday, January 4, 2010

African Safari

My future roommate, Liz, wants to decorate the bedroom with an African theme. She mentioned this to me just yesterday, but since then I've spent way too much time thinking of different ideas for her room, and I've probably gone overboard. I've been chanting to myself "This is her room, don't try to take over. This is her room, do not try to take over." I'm not a control freak at all, I just get really excited about interior design. I could spend hours on the different interior design blogs I follow.

My brother-in-law Breck and his wife Bailey are actually on an African Safari right now. They'll be back in 2 weeks and maybe we can use some of their pictures as art in Liz's bedroom.

Here are some ideas for the room


1) Burnt orange wall color
2) Faux zebra hide rug. Or you can DIY one [Link]
3) Safari-style photos for the walls
4) Dark wood furniture
5) Bamboo shade
6) Cool accessories from World Market and Ikea
7) Bring in green with large plant

1 comment: