Thursday, November 19, 2009

College, the Best 4 Years of Your Life

Am I ever going to graduate?
I've technically been going to college since the fall of 2004, when I was 16 years old. That was when I started taking night and summer classes at the local community college while in high school. Then I left to UC Santa Barbara for school 3 years ago and have only really taken a break from school for 1 semester after Haiden was born. Since then, Ive taken Saturday classes, online classes, night classes, classes when my mother-in-law happened to be free and I still have 3 years to go!!! I've taken wrong classes, had to go part-time and changed my major 3 times.
It can be a little frustrating knowing that all your high school friends who went to college will be graduating this upcoming Spring and I'll still have 2 years after that to go, plus who knows how many years I'll be in graduate school!!

Don't get me wrong I feel very blessed to even be able to continue school after being a teenage mother ( it feels so strange saying that). I don't have to work, I've never had to put Haiden in daycare and I will eventually graduate.

I just have to keep my eyes on the prize, my diploma and that awesome celebratory vacation I'll make sure we go once I'm, finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment